Spring break had us doing some family things, but no big adventurous trips. We headed to Pacific City and Cape Kiwanda for 3 days, and enjoyed the stay visiting with Nanny and Grandpa and Jill, Tina and Cole and Jo. The kids had a great time together playing on the beach, swimming in the camp ground pool and feeding the numerous bunnies. I guess that phrase “breeding like rabbits” has some merit.
We headed back for one night and day at the end of the week to try our luck at bottom fishing. Maggie had her maiden voyage on a charter boat, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. She had several bites and reeled in a few fish, but only had one keeper. Grandpa was excited to help her learn the ropes, even showing her how to snack from the time we leave to the time we return.Grandpa Dave, Holden, Dan and I did fairly well with a total of more than 20 fish between the four of us, 5 of them being Ling Cod. Holden caught a nice Vermillion, big and orange, and Dave, Dan and I combining for 8 Ling Cod. I must mention that I caught 4 of the Ling Cod to Dave’s 3.

We set crab pots on the way out so when we headed in we pulled the pots to see if we had any extra goods from our fishing trip. We did okay, but the men on the boat had a good time taking turns pulling in the pots. One of Dan’s favorite shows is Deadliest Catch about Alaskan crabbing, and this is as close as he’ll probably get to the real thing.
We are in the full swing of the spring soccer season with Maggie, Lanna and Carol all playing games, so our next trip will not be until Memorial Day when we head up north to do some camping.
No comments:
Post a Comment