Friday, October 1, 2010

Girls night

Friday nights in the fall are always girls nights as Dan is typically attending football games. Maggie had a friend come home with her after school to hang out for a few hours. They did typical stuff, like play the Wii, listen to music and eat! And then played in the yard like kids do.

Mocking cheer.

Lanna in her "house" jumping on her "trampoline".

Maggie in an Erckle moment.

Charlie and the girls playing Wii.

Monster's Eyes!
In celebration of October starting today, I decided to make Monster's Eyes. It is kind of like a mini-taco made from ground beef, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, olives and salsa. If my name was Racheal Ray or Paula Dean, the finished product probably would look like eyes. However, mine looked more like something scavenged from road kill. To show you just how indiscriminant my kids are, they ate them even if they didn't look like "fresh" eyes and said they were really good. They actually didn't turn out too bad because I opened the fridge later and there were three eyes looking at me, it kind of made me jump at first.


Monster's Eye.

They are supposed to be appetizers, making 32 "eyes", 8 servings of 4 eyes each. I say this because after making them (it indeed makes 32) and counting how many everyone else ate, I figured Lanna had about half the batch. When I asked how many she had she said she didn't know, they were just so good!

No comments: