Thursday, February 21, 2008

Disneyland!!!

We finally made the big trip to Disneyland this past weekend, and had a great time. We went on lots of rides, saw some 3-D shows and even a live performance of Aladdin, which was great!

The plane ride out was an adventure, and I forgot how literal the mind of a 6-year old works. As we were sitting in the plane getting ready to pull away from the gate, the engines revved a little. Lanna asked “Why is the plane making that noise?” I said, “We’re getting ready to take off.” Lanna replied “How can we take off, we’re right next to the building?”

To pass the time during the flight, Maggie, Lanna and I played hangman, which again is an adventure with younger minds. Lanna and I were taking turns guessing letters, and on one of Lanna’s turns she guessed the letter “th”. (I’m sorry, the phonetic version of hangman is on the next flight.) With only two letters left to go, Maggie was trying to help her sister and said, “Lanna, what comes after q?” to which Lanna replied “Cumber”. I laughed for about 10 minutes after that one.

We eagerly set off for Disneyland the next day and Saturday before heading over to California Adventures for two more days. We all agreed California Screamin’ was our favorite ride (awesome rollercoaster!) followed by Tower of Terror and Space Mountain. Splash Mountain was fun too, but the River Raft ride left us all a little too wet.















We were at the parks quite a bit each day and did a lot of walking, which really wore the girls out. But, they were troopers all the same and it was well worth it to get everything in! We even had breakfast with Chip & Dale and other Disney characters, which the girls loved.


We got back early evening Tuesday night and we all hit the ground running the next day. We miss the fun and sun already and are looking forward to our next family vacation. For now, it’s back to the grind stone until Spring break and Memorial Weekend. Sigh…

1 comment:

BS Family said...

We had fun reading about your trip and seeing the photos!

Love your faces on Splash Mtn!!!

Looks like you had a blast.